Wednesday, June 17, 2015

trial run

My Mom brought back a fabric from France that we both love and want. She is willing to give it to me
for a raglan style tunic and as I don't want to ruin it (my conscious would take a tough time on me knowing how much my mother desires the fabric). I did a trial run with a fabric leftover today.
The pattern is pretty easy and sewn up in no time. The finished tunic is a perfect piece for airy summer days (at least with the fabric I used).
I sew size XS, adding no extra seam allowance.
The tunic is shorter than it is supposed to be, because today I had to deal with a limited amount of fabric. Still it is long enough to wear. So this is okay. It actually came out even shorter than expected because I cut the bottom hem according to pattern and it looked kind of pointy and weird so I straightened it afterwards what of course meant that I had to cut of length. In my next version I will cut the bottom hem straight right away. Also I will hopefully remember that the neck band is too long for the neck opening. I should measure the neck opening after assembling front, back and sleeves and then cut the neck band.  Besides these two points it is a perfect pattern. :) I love it.



Pattern: 2a
from:
Nähen im japanischen Stil

No comments:

Post a Comment