Monday, July 13, 2015

T-Shirt to Tote Bag


 
My friend gave me a t-shirt for my birthday and I managed to have stains on it that I am not able to remove within not more than two months. :-(

Fortunately I came across this tutorial to make a tote bag from an old t-shirt and I decided to give it a second live. :-)
Other than on the original one I did not knot the bottom but sew it  (I did not want the "bulk" of all the knots.)  and sew in a little bottom.

This gives some extra room. It did take some length off it but that doesn't matter in my case as I am short. 

The bag is huge and I can easily fit my daily grocery shopping (and more) into it and in the meantime it folds up tiny and takes up no room sitting in my handbag when not in use.

Making the bag took only a few minutes and the bag comes quite handy. It is for sure worth doing it again with future messed up shirts. Probably even from my daughter's small t-shirts, she could use the little bags for collecting things outdoors etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment